For voters: See the Seattle Times overview of all twelve candidates for the Seattle School Board https://projects.seattletimes.com/2019/seattle-news/education/whos-running-for-the-seattle-school-board/
Seattle School Board Candidates have been asked to consider engaging with the following questions:
- Describe a meaningful arts experience that has stayed with you over time.
- What policies and action steps do you plan to take to enact the Seattle Public School’s strategic plan that centers “students of color who are furthest from educational justice” in accessing arts education?
- What do you believe is the value of sequential arts education in Seattle Public Schools?
- What is your plan to support the Creative Advantage and the vision that all Seattle students have access to quality arts time during the school day?
- What do you believe to be the future of creative careers in Seattle? How can Seattle Public Schools better prepare young people, especially those who are furthest away from educational justice, to enter the creative economy?
Seattle School Board Candidates
- Lisa Rivera Smith
- Leslie Harris
- Crystal S. Liston
- Molly E. Mitchell